Employer: North Notts BID Ltd
Salary: £21,000 pa.
Working Hours: 37.5 hrs per week.
Application Closing Date: Friday 8th November 2019
Pay Term: Per Annum
Job Type: Full-Time
The successful candidate will be confident and an excellent communicator with the ability to build strong working relationships, to plan their own workload and balance competing priorities.
The purpose of the role is to promote the North Nottinghamshire BID area giving help and advice to visitors, supporting BID members, helping at promotional events and to assist with crime reduction working closely with businesses, Neighbourhood Wardens and the police.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• To inform businesses on BID initiatives and projects
• To develop and maintain relationships with businesses and promote the sharing of information across the BID area
• To assist and support the BID Management Team with activities such as events, meetings and crime reduction initiatives
• To understand the flow of information and what messages should appropriately be given out to businesses
• To monitor the street environment and ensure that paving and street furniture is reported to the Council if defective.
• Ensure that small amounts of flyposting, fly tipping and graffiti are reported to the BIDs Maintenance Operative for removal, or in the case of larger amounts, to report to the relevant departments within the Council.
• To visit BID Members in and around the designated BID area on a daily basis
• To be alert to anti-social behaviour and beggars in the area, reporting cases to the Council, Police or other relevant authorities where necessary
• To maintain appropriate records and to communicate and liaise with the appropriate BID staff promptly
• Ensure that the correct uniform is worn at all times whilst on duty
• Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post as may over time become necessary
- Educated to GCSE/O-Level
- Positive, enthusiastic self-starter
- Experience of building relationships with key stakeholders within the community
- Experience of handling challenging situations
- An understanding of the diversity and culture within the local area
- Able to inspire and attract business member involvement in the BID and the services the BID offers
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to display tact, diplomacy with good negotiation skills
- Willingness to do walkabouts throughout the local towns and industrial areas
- The post holder must possess a full, clean driving licence
What we can offer:
• 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
• Pension scheme
• Being part of a small, friendly team who genuinely care about making North Nottinghamshire a better place
The role is 37.5 hours per week. Some weekend work will be required to support with events and activities.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS check prior to starting the role.
How to Apply:
Full Vacancy Information – BID Ambassador Job Description October 2019
Watch our BID Ambassador day in a life video – https://vimeo.com/366465819
For an informal chat about the BID Ambassador posts please call Steve Corderoy-Foster, North Notts BID Operations and Projects Manager on 01777 861601.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter (up to 2 A4 sides) telling us what you can bring to this role to – firstname.lastname@example.org