THE PLACE FOR BUSINESS AND INNOVATION
The BID partnership will work with our businesses to help them to grow and prosper and position North Nottinghamshire as the place to do business. We will:
- Establish a network of peer business mentors for new commercial and social enterprises to learn from existing businesses, securing the best possible chance of success for you and your business.
- Support growing businesses with access to available funding streams as well as offering specialist one-to-one business support and mentoring.
- Support innovative business ideas through an Entrepreneurs and Inventors Forum.
- Work with relevant business partners to bring empty commercial units back into use, providing support to new and emerging businesses.
- Showcase North Nottinghamshire businesses and their talented staff by teaming up with local and regional business award schemes, introducing new sector specific, industry related and place categories, to celebrate our business successes.
- Establish an annual business exhibition to showcase the ‘Best of North Nottinghamshire’ businesses and to promote inter-trading.
- Act on behalf of our businesses to lobby councils, Local Enterprise Partnerships and Government to attract funds and influence decisions affecting your business, your sector and your trading area.
- Share business data and intelligence including footfall analysis, employee figures, job vacancies, commercial premises for sale/to let and visitor surveys to ensure that our businesses are informed and have a competitive advantage.
Keeping Talent Local
- Inform young people of the excellent education, training and employment opportunities that we have in North Nottinghamshire so they realise that they don’t have to move out of the area to be successful.
- Encourage employers to recruit local people, who tend to have a better knowledge of the area, improved attendance, punctuality and fewer disruptions due to transport or weather. It’s part of a company’s Corporate Social Responsibility programme and a great way to give back to the community and create a stronger local economy.
- Showcase and provide work experience placements, apprenticeships, taster courses and training for the future and current workforce.
- Work with partners to introduce new interactive ways to give real career choices to young people based on local business information to inform, assist and develop the workforce of tomorrow.
With 1000+ businesses within the proposed BID area we will encourage and promote business-to-business trading and encourage all businesses across all sectors and residents to ‘buy local’.
Through the new North Notts BID website and our regular publications and networking opportunities you can promote your business and offer to all businesses within the BID area.
- The collective strength of these BID businesses across the area will achieve economies of scale to provide instant savings and added value for your business, to include:
- Gas & electricity
- Telecoms & broadband
- Insurance & legal advice / services
- Commercial waste & recycling
- Marketing & advertising
- Office supplies, venue hire & catering
- Health care & gym membership
We will also work with North Notts Envoys and the East Midlands Chamber to negotiate reduced fees and discounts for members of the BID area. Member benefits include support with export documentation processing, HR & Payroll and business networking across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Leicestershire.