The North Notts BID will encourage local pride and contribute to making the district a real destination of choice for business, work, leisure, study and to live.
The BID is a vote for the district’s economy and social future, for an even more prosperous North Nottinghamshire for us all.
Clean and Welcoming
- Undertake a review of each location within the BID to ensure that we showcase our beautiful district and identify areas for improvement.
- Work with councils and business partners to ensure that our towns, villages and country roads are clean and tidy. This will help to foster a sense of pride in our environment and avoid a negative ‘unloved’ image.
- Help secure awards like ‘Britain in Bloom’ to boost the appearance of our villages and towns and ensure businesses benefit from the local and national exposure.
- Introduce both permanent and temporary ‘North Notts’ themed signs in and around the district to reinforce the brand and welcome people to the area.
- Work with local business forums to improve existing areas with landscaping, hanging baskets etc and to introduce improvements such as new street furniture, bunting and fingerpost signage.
Modern and Productive
- Install free Wi-Fi throughout the four principal towns as well as encouraging local cafés, libraries and other retailers to promote themselves as Wi-Fi hotspots, which in turn has the potential to boost local trade.
- Review current broadband speeds and look to extend the existing microwave broadband for rural businesses with the objective of upgrading to a faster service.
- Utilise existing CCTV schemes to effectively monitor footfall in order to benchmark and measure the success of BID events and projects.
Safety and Security
By working together businesses can collectively tackle crime and ensure all incidents are reported quickly and easily. The BID will:
- Look to expand and enhance current CCTV coverage and monitoring scheme to safeguard your businesses and ensure there is sufficient surveillance in place.
- Establish a formal working partnership between local businesses, police, councils, business forums and private contractors to support an integrated security approach to safeguard staff and premises.
- Support and enhance Crime Reduction Partnership initiatives to include Storenet/Nightnet radio, delivering regular training for users.
- Introduce security measures including ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) and Facewatch, a secure online crime reporting and networking environment.
- Apply for safety accreditations to improve the perception of our towns and business parks as safe places to visit, work and do business.
- Aspire to achieve Purple Flag status – the evening economy award that recognises excellent management of towns and is backed by the police and government.
- Demonstrate the effective benefits of alternative energy and utilities technologies through events covering waste minimisation, air quality, energy and business resilience.
- Support existing community transport initiatives to maximise the impact that public and private transport schemes have to the benefit of workforces in business parks and more remote locations.
- Clear directional signs to our car parks to improve the shopping, visiting and parking experience.
- Simplify the parking process by introducing remote payment options such as RingGo that offers the option to pay on exit, pay by card and contactless payment.
The BID will support and build on our successful and established events including those run by North Notts Envoys and other local business forums. Through sponsorship, promotion and access to funding we will:
- Look to introduce high profile events to improve footfall and boost trade. We will also offer workshops and training to ensure businesses have a web presence and understand how to trade effectively online.
- Work with business parks to deliver industry related seminars, business ‘open days’ and networking events on the parks to encourage inter-trading, collaboration and group buying power.
- Actively promote and assist with our BID members’ events helping to communicate important information and nurture relationships between local organisations.