Employer: Bassetlaw Community and Voluntary Service (BCVS)
Working Hours: 37.5 hrs
Application Closing Date: 23/11/2020
Interview Date: TBC
Job Type: 37.5hrs
Full Job Description:
Bassetlaw Dementia Advisor
Bassetlaw Community and Voluntary Service (BCVS), supported by Better Care funding via Nottinghamshire County Council, are looking to recruit a Dementia Advisor.
This is an exciting new role, the aim of which is to enhance the quality of life, choice and opportunities for people with dementia in Bassetlaw by providing Dementia Information, Advice and Support to people with dementia, their carers/wider family, other organisations and the public.
The main purposes of the role are to:-
• Provide non-clinical asset-based approach, through the delivery of advice, information and psychosocial support to people living with dementia, and their carers, family members, friends and neighbours. Including pre diagnosis support.
• Help patients and carers to access support groups in the community, signpost to other services.
• Support the further development of a peer support network for carers.
• Identify gaps in current voluntary/community sector provision and access appropriate funding to support group development and expansion of current services where appropriate
• Provide Dementia Friends training to the community of Bassetlaw and develop a pool of volunteer Dementia champions acting as the eyes and ears of the community.
We are looking for a positive person to join our forward thinking and proactive team. The post will be based at the BCVS office in Worksop and will work throughout Bassetlaw.
For more information, please refer to the job description and person specification or contact Julie Barnes, Social Prescribing Manager at BCVS on 01909 476118.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Monday 23rd November 2020
How to Apply:
Please visit – https://www.bcvs.org.uk/job-vacancies/item/bassetlaw-dementia-advisor for full information and to download an application form.