What can the Restart Scheme and Futures do for employers?
What is the Restart Scheme?
The Restart Scheme offers up to 12 months of support to Universal Credit claimants who have been out of work for between 12 and 18 months to help them learn new skills, increase their confidence and find work. The scheme is Government funded and is part of the “Plan for Jobs”.
Futures, in conjunction with Maximus, will be delivering a programme of tailored employment and skills support across the region and we are keen to engage with employers to ensure the Restart Scheme meets the local employment and skills needs.
The Restart Scheme is free of charge for employers to access.
Why should an employer get involved?
Through the development of bespoke recruitment and skills solutions we can deliver the following:
1. Cost savings: Reduce reliance on recruitment agencies by providing candidates from the Restart Scheme and other Futures programmes for labour shortage roles.
2. Cost savings: Reduce training costs by accessing fully funded pre-employment training programmes to meet the skills needs of your business.
3. Cost savings: Futures can link you to grants and funding opportunities to support your business.
4. Time savings: Reduce time to hire – managed recruitment process that includes sifting, pre-screen and employability sessions to ensure applicants are committed to the role. Reduces the number of no-shows at interview stage.
5. Skills boost: Support to establish Apprenticeships, Traineeships, skills bootcamps and workforce development plans.
6. Contribution to CSR commitments: Achieve industry recognition and improve the local image of your company. Generate case studies for use in Public Sector procurement processes.
7. Inclusion and Diversity initiatives: Increase and diversify your potential candidate pool and workforce through the development of targeted recruitment initiatives.
8. Local community regeneration: provide opportunities for those in your local community most affected by Covid-19 and contribute to Social Mobility in your area
If you are experiencing challenges around recruitment – either due to a labour or a skills shortage, please get in touch.
We can also support with creating CSR/Diversity and Inclusion recruitment initiatives, as well as help you to meet your s106/local labour commitments.
Our team of consultants will create a tailored recruitment and skills package based on your needs – all free of charge.
If you would like to find out more, please contact Pam Nijjar, Account Manager, on: email@example.com or call: 07501 743 59