North Notts BID commenced trading on 1st September 2017 and is the UKs first ever area-wide business improvement district – the largest in the UK by geography and second largest by number of hereditaments. The BID is designed to give businesses within the Bassetlaw district of North Nottinghamshire a real opportunity to pool significant funds and make a real difference to the future of the district.
North Notts BID is:
• An initiative that’s 100% business-led and business managed
• A pioneering, proactive and cohesive approach to driving prosperity through shared experience, common
objectives, and the pooling of resources resulting in a united front and an unprecedented collective business
• Delivering tangible improvements across a wide range of activities and developing effective and lasting
In its first term the BID has seen over £3.7m invested by local businesses since 2017, with initiatives around crime reduction, CCTV and ANPR, and workforce improvements post-pandemic, helping to revitalise towns across North Nottinghamshire. Arts and cultural events, including the North Notts Food Fest and Party in the Square, have also drawn in huge numbers to town centres and boosted profits for local businesses.
Following a majority ‘YES’ vote at ballot in June 2022, North Notts BID will officially commence its second five-year term on 1st September 2022.
Since March 2020 businesses have been severely affected by the COVID pandemic, and now have the added financial strain of the current cost of living crisis. North Notts BID is looking to reinvigorate its savings offer to BID members and is inviting tenders from savings specialists that can research, source and provide our members with access to the best deals to help reduce costs.
Savings Service requirements
North Notts BID will require the successful company to:
• Provide a proactive and reactive, no fee and commission free, brokerage service to BID Members
• Liaise with our BID members to identify and communicate relevant cost savings sourced
• Provide the BID with relevant marketing materials to promote the savings service
• Help the BID to undertake case studies with members benefitting from the savings service
• Attend face-to-face or online networking events
• Help to establish and grow the BID brand when engaging with our BID members, partners and intermediaries
• Become the ‘face’ of the BID for savings via face-to-face or online meeting and calls
• Focus on ‘quick wins’ – realising a return on investment for the BID by securing savings that will negate the cost of the levy for BID members.
Ideally the service should offer savings on, but not limited to:
• Merchant Fees
• Pest Control
Where feasible, and if cost effective, local BID member companies offering the above services should be given priority.
Requirements of Quotation
Written quotations must include:
• Full business address
• Company registration number
• VAT number
• Summary of your business’s history, experience and knowledge of the North Notts area.
• Copies of Public liability and Employer liability insurances
• Description of work to be carried out
• Full break down of costs for each section of the savings service package requirements
Please submit your tender application in accordance with the instructions, requirements and specifications as set out in this tender document.
You must treat this document, and any further information provided by North Notts BID, as confidential at all times.
Nothing in this tender document, or any other communication made between North Notts BID and any other party, can be considered a contract or agreement at this stage.
The closing date for completed submissions is: 5pm on Friday 26th August 2022
Submissions received after this date and time will not be accepted.
North Notts BID reserves the right to disqualify any tenders that do not fully comply with the requirements in the tender documentation, in particular the closing time and date.
North Notts BID reserves the right to evaluate proposals on a variety of criteria. The proposal with the lowest price will not automatically mean that it will be the successful tender.
Validity of offer
You must offer your tender for acceptance for 60 days from the deadline for tender submission.
Please note that by submitting a tender response for consideration you are confirming that, as a representative for the company/organisation that you represent, you have read and understood the tender documents and that your offer to North Notts BID is open for acceptance for 60 days from the tender closing date.
If we need to amend any tender documents before the closing date, we will write to you with any changes. If we extend the deadline for tender responses, we will advise you.
North Notts BID reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to cancel or suspend this tender process at any time and for any reason. If we need to do this, we will notify you in writing as soon as reasonably practicable.
North Notts BID is not responsible and will not pay for any expenses or losses you incur during, but not limited to, the tender preparation, site visits, post-tender negotiations or interviews.
Return of Tender
You must submit your tender response/proposal electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the tender response deadline of 5pm on Friday 26th August 2022.
Any tender delivered after the closing date and time for any reason will be discounted. North Notts BID is not responsible if all or part of your tender is not received.
If you wish to discuss any elements of this tender please contact:
Steve Corderoy-Foster, Operations & Projects Manager
Tel: 07899 900453