This is a series of free 30 minute webinars covering all aspects of the financial management of charities. It is aimed at staff, trustees and other volunteers involved with the finances.
Now is a great time to complete a course, whether this is a chance to refresh your knowledge or you would like to learn something new.
To register for any of the webinars, just follow the links below. If you cannot join the live webinars, you will be able to register and watch the recordings at your convenience.
Trustee responsibilities, specifically with regard to finance: Register Here.
Course Info: 10:00, Monday 23 March 2020.
• An introduction to responsibilities under charity law;
• What you need in order to do your job;
• Financial controls;
Understanding Accounts: Register Here.
Course Info: 10:00, Thursday 26 March 2020.
• How the year end accounts are put together & how to read them;
• What questions to ask;
• Cash based accounts – Receipts & payments;
• What on earth is a balance sheet?
Keeping the books and records: Register Here.
Course Info: 10:00, Monday 30 March 2020.
• What records to keep;
• Designing your bookkeeping system;
• Entering transactions and reconciling to the bank;
• Spotting and correcting errors.
• How complex does it need to be – going from cash based to accruals systems.
Accounting for your project: Register Here.
Course Info: 10:00, Thursday 2 April 2020.
• The principles of fund accounting – restricted, endowment, designated, unrestricted;
• How to keep track of each fund;
• Allocation of overheads or core costs;
• Reporting to your funders.
Budgeting, Cash Flows & Planning: Register Here.
Course Info: 10:00, Monday 6 April 2020.
• A budgeting tool for your organisation;
• Budgeting for activities or cost centres;
• Cash flow forecasting;
• Budgeting for specific contracts or short term projects.
Financial reporting to your board: Register Here.
Course Info: 10:00, Thursday 9 April 2020.
• Who should report and when;
• What detail to include;
• What format to use;
• Budget variance reporting;
• How do you know you can rely on the reports.
John O’Brien is the CEO of CA Plus, a charity that supports other charities, CICs and other voluntary organisations with the financial side of life. He’s a qualified accountant and specialises
in charity accounting. See www.caplus.org.uk for more.
If you are struggling to register then contact:
Sarah Ellis, Client Engagement Coordinator
Direct Tel: 0115 947 8949
Web : www.caplus.org.uk Office Tel: 0115 947 0839