Employer: North Notts BID Ltd
Salary: £25k pa
Working Hours: 37.5 hrs per week.
Application Closing Date: Friday 24th January
Pay Term: Per Annum
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Coordinator to join our small team and support the Chief Executive and the BID Board in delivering our ambitious business plan.
This post would suit an enthusiastic, confident self-starter with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and who is flexible in responding to the demands of a new organisation. As well as being part of a team you will be able to work on your own initiative and with a variety of local and national businesses, public stakeholders and commercial contractors.
You will be responsible for supporting the Chief Executive in the design, development, delivery and management of projects in the BID area, along with day to day engagement with businesses, local forums and partners.
Whilst this is primarily an office-based role, the activities will be varied, and you will need to be comfortable with a job where every day can be different.
The Project Coordinator will:
- Undertake strategic planning in order to design, develop and deliver new and existing BID projects to enable a return on investment for levy payers
- Creative thinking to introduce new initiatives and projects in line with business needs
- Search available funding streams, and write and submit effective funding applications, in order to support new and existing projects
- Effectively collaborate with public and private sector organisations to facilitate the delivery of joint initiatives
- Review and monitor all BID projects, activities and funding sourced
- Submit relevant planning applications for projects including the installation of gateway signage
- Create a project schedule, with milestones, due dates and estimates of costs/resources required
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Securing relevant permissions for projects from project partners, stakeholders and the local authority
- Manipulate data and statistics (including labour market information and our WiFi and Geosense mobile data monitoring systems) to ensure that these are reported effectively verbally, and visually, in chart and graph format, for use in our marketing materials and presentations
Please note: The above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the post holder will need to be adaptive to support with a range of day-to-day tasks that is the norm within a small business
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Budget management skills
- Experience in reporting and evaluation processes and communicating outcomes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly in a team, including with representatives from business, public sector organisations or partners outside of the BID company
- Persuasive and positive, able to build relationships across a range seniorities, stakeholders and businesses and their interests
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise a variety of tasks, methodical in approach and possessing a keen eye for detail
- A strategic, innovative thinker who can spot opportunities and apply ideas operationally
- Personable and confident self-starter, with the ability to tactfully use initiative and take a proactive approach to getting things done
- Good IT skills; fully confident on Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc) internet and social media channels
- Possess a degree or equivalent qualification or have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the above disciplines
- Hold the Association of Project Management (APM)/Prince2 project management qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working for, or with, Business Improvement Districts (BIDs)
- Experience of working in a business support environment
- Experience in people management and development
- An ability to appreciate the opportunities and challenges in local town centres
- General knowledge of the Bassetlaw area and local economy
- The role will be based in the North Notts BID office in Retford
- The hours of work are Monday-Friday, 9am-5.00pm
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays
- Occasional weekend and evening work will be required to meet the needs of this role
- The role is primarily office based but will require occasional travel for meetings and events
How to Apply:
For an informal chat please call Steve Corderoy-Foster on 01777 712785. To apply, please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter (up to 2 A4 sides) telling us what you can bring to this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Friday 24 January 2020.