Employer: North Notts BID Ltd
Salary: £19,000 a year.
Working Hours: 37.5 hrs per week.
Application Closing Date: 10/07/2019
Pay Term: Per Annum
Job Type: Full-Time
The successful candidate will be confident and an excellent communicator with the ability to build strong working relationships and to plan their own workload and balance competing priorities.
The purpose of this role is to help ensure that the North Nottinghamshire BID area is kept clean and well maintained, and to support the work of the BID Ambassadors.
The role will also involve working closely with businesses, Neighbourhood Wardens and the police and to report anti-social behaviour and report incidents of fly tipping.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Repair and paint street furniture and notice Boards (in addition to council responsibilities)
- Remove graffiti and cover affected areas with anti-graffiti paint
- Maintain BID adopted flower beds & planted areas throughout the town centres (does not include hanging baskets as part of the North Notts in Bloom project)
- Install and maintain planters and planting areas the BID provides to outlying industrial areas
- Report fly tipping, and wherever possible remove smaller amounts and tidy affected areas in town centres and industrial areas
- Occasional litter picking and clearing areas of debris (in addition to council responsibilities)
- Empty cigarette bins/troughs and pits that the BID install as part of the keep North Notts Tidy campaign
- Clean BID members empty shop windows and fascias as and when appropriate to ensure that the towns look clean, tidy and well maintained.
- Offer a service to BID members to carry out small basic outdoor DIY and decorating projects (BID Members would need to provide all materials for work done on their property) including external decorating, painting shop fronts, gutter clearing, rubbish removal
- Clean and maintain any artwork/sculptures the BID install across the district
- Clean and check BID branded signage throughout the district
- Support the BID Ambassadors as and when required, in particular with the delivery of relevant information and flyers
- General support and marshalling at BID run/managed events throughout the year
- To perform any other reasonable duties as and when required.
- City & Guilds or equivalent level of qualification in construction trade is desirable but proof of experience in a multi-trade environment will be acceptable
- Health and Safety qualification desirable, but not essential as training will be provided
- Good all-round trade skills
- Experienced in maintenance and repair work
- Full clean driving licence
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team
- Logical working processes
- Ability to lift and move furniture, equipment and materials
- Positive, enthusiastic self-starter
- Excellent communicator
- Willingness to travel throughout the local towns and industrial areas
- The post holder must possess a full, clean driving licence
How to Apply:
For further information and to Apply, click here:- https://bit.ly/2WuyNqy