Taking place on Sunday 1st December 2019, 10am-6pm.
The Retford Business Forum Christmas Market Team is finalising plans for this year’s Retford Christmas Market and Lights Switch-On. It will be held on Sunday 1st December, from 10.00am to 6.00pm (some locations may vary), in and around the town square in Retford.
As well as the usual star guest – Santa – brought to us by Retford Lions, there will be Jo Jingles, and Bassetlaw Bear, and fireworks, plus the spectacular new Christmas Lights. There will be some new attractions and some old favourites this year – here are some of the attractions:
- There will be a café and a children’s fun time experience with activities in the Buttermarket while waiting for Santa, who will be in his grotto from just after midday.
- On stage, there will be the open-air service at 11am, followed by entertainment from the Elizabethan Academy, Retford Pipe & Drum Band, Majestic Theatre School, Makaton Choir, Louise Clarkson Dancers, The Performance Hub and Jessica Mary Brett.
- Bassetlaw Museum will be providing lots of activities to entertain the children and the newly completed Pilgrims Gallery will be open – if you haven’t already seen it, now’s your chance!
- Grove St Methodist Church will have an even bigger Star Festival
- St Swithun’s Parish Church will be holding its famous Christmas Tree Festival, let’s get that
100 trees target this year.
- The Hub will be open – why not visit their Pilgrims Museum – everything you ever wanted to know about the Mayflower Pilgrims in one room! – visit the Museum and the Hub to complete the experience
This will be the fifth year that Retford Business Forum (RBF) has delivered the Christmas Market and Lights Switch-on. The Forum is delighted to be supported by North Notts BID, which is not only providing finance but is also helping with the organisation and delivery of the event this year.
Sally Gillborn, Chief Executive of North Notts BID, said “We are delighted to be supporting Retford Business Forum with this year’s Retford Christmas Market and Lights Switch-on – we are particularly excited by our new Christmas lights which will really bring Christmas alive in the town centre”
The Forum also welcomes the continuing support of Bassetlaw District Council, Retford Lions and other local businesses and societies. It is a community event run for the people of Retford and the surrounding villages, and visitors have been welcomed from all over Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire and Yorkshire…… and beyond!
The Christmas Market promises to be the biggest and best yet, but there are still stalls available – to book one please contact the team at North Notts BID on email@example.com or 01777 861601
The support of local individuals and businesses is vital to the success of the event and the team is always looking for supporters – to make it bigger and better than ever – every year! Whether you just want to give something back to the community or want to raise the visibility and awareness of your brand, please get in touch – we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact Rick Brand at email@example.com or 01427 891376.