North Notts BID is committed to supporting our businesses as we tackle the COVID-19 pandemic. Here you will find information on the latest advice and support for businesses.
We are working closely with our business partners including British BIDs, the BID Foundation, the Association of Town and City Management (ATCM) to ensure that we lobby government for support that we as BIDs can pass on to our members. We are also working closely with Bassetlaw District Council and other local partners to facilitate any support that we can during these troubled times. We will keep you informed as things progress.
For now, please find below advice and support that is currently available to businesses:
- The Government has pulled together a package of business support measures for local businesses, including a business rates holiday for those with a rateable value of £51k and under, along with a loan scheme. Further information can be found at: Here.
- Small Business Grant and the Retail, hospitality and leisure Grant Fund – Information Form.
Guidance on the closure of all retailers that sell non-essential goods and other non-essential premises:
Here you will find information detailing which businesses should be closed to comply with the social distancing measures that have been put into place: Businesses and Premises to close.
Support and Safety Guidance:
- Tax helpline to support businesses affected by coronavirus – Here.
Bassetlaw District Council Advice and Guidance: Here
Information for Employers making redundancies or with recruitment opportunities: D2N2
- Advice on supporting businesses in protecting against business crime can be found at on the National Business Crime Centre website.
Retails and Night-Time Economy:
- The Retail Trust are giving advice and help on their website
- Crucial support for our night-time economy can be found on the Night Time Economy Solutions website and on the Diageo website where it has been announced a package of support for the British drinks industry will be made available.
- If your retail business is looking into how to continue reaching your customers through offering a delivery service then the Association of Convenience Stores have a guide for you – https://www.acs.org.uk/advice/home-delivery
Preventing Business Crime and Cyber Crime:
- Make sure your organisation is prepared for the changes in how you operate, with the increase in home working be sure you have the right advice on spotting coronavirus (COVID-19) scam emails. Find out more information on the National Cyber Security Centre.
- Download the National Business Crime Centre Letter: National Business Crime Partnership COVID-19 Letter
- Download the Public Health England Guidance Poster: COVID19_Guidance_Employers_and_businesses
Exclusive to BID Members:
- In this time of uncertainty, don’t forget that our BID Ambassadors are still around supporting our businesses via phone, email, Skype, WhatsApp video and FaceTime meetings. Please feel free to email our ambassadors – firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively call, Joe on 07776511222 or Biddy on 07741 560022.
- Don’t forget that we have our North Notts Savings Scheme available, free to BID members. Business may be down, but this could be a good time to look at how you can make savings on utilities, pest control, merchant services and waste management service costs, to name but a few.
- LoyalFree – We have set up delivery and takeaway trails to highlight where you can access meals, whilst supporting your local businesses. If you would like to be added to the trail get in touch with us.
- Continue to send us in your stories and offers that we can push out for you on our social media channels.
Please stay safe.